Body to decide rent compensation in tribal districts, frontier regions

Revenue department will confirm ownership of all houses where army personnel reside

Wisal Yousafzai April 04, 2019

PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Relief, Rehabilitation and Settlement department constituted on Thursday a committee to process rent compensation of private houses in tribal districts and frontier regions  which remain under the use of Pakistan Army owing to military operations in the area.

A notification, a copy of which is available with The Express Tribune said the committee will be headed by a deputy commissioner of the district concerned while the district’s assistant commissioner will be its member secretary. Other members include executive engineer Communications and Work (C&W) department and a representative of Pakistan Army.

The deputy commissioner concerned, the notification said, shall identify the number of houses under use of Pakistan Army in tribal districts and frontier regions, and the actual owners of the houses.

The revenue department will confirm the ownership of all such houses.

According to the memo, the C&W department shall assess the house rent on the basis of standard formula before an agreement deed is finalised.

The rent deed shall be inked between district administration and owner of the house.

The notification said that the DC concerned will forward the complete case along with the required documents, i.e. ownership certificate, rent deed agreement, the owner’s valid CNIC, rent assessment certificate issued by C&W department and NOC certificates from an army representative regarding the ownership to the Provincial Disaster Management Authority for further processing of the cases.

A source in the department said the committee will find out the actual owner of the house for compensation, adding that in tribal districts when people migrated during military operations, there arose mistakes in the data.

The process, the source added, will start in all districts of the erstwhile Fata as well as the FR, and the owners in whose houses army personnel stay will be compensated.



Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ