KARACHI: Two children and their mother died when a house caught fire in Jamshed Town on Friday. According to the police, the family members were sleeping at their house in Patel Para Bijli Ground, when at around 5:45am, a fire broke out due to a short circuit. Two children, five-year-old Anisa and seven-year-old Sufiyan, and their mother, Shumaila Junaid, 30, suffered severe burn injuries and died on the spot. According to the neighbours, the father was abroad for employment purposes. The bodies were shifted to Dr Ruth Pfau Civil Hospital Karachi for medico-legal formalities.
Published in The Express Tribune, March 23rd, 2019.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ