After criticism from opposition parties over 'selective accountability' of politicians, National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chief has said that no amount of threats would be able stop the process of accountability.
Javed Iqbal made the remarks during his visit to the NAB office in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa where he was apprised about the anti-graft body's performance in the province, Express News reported.
The anti-graft body's chief further said that all corruption cases would be disposed off in K-P on priority basis.
The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) have recently claimed that NAB is being used as an instrument for political victimisation against the opposition parties.
No NAB action ‘without substantial proof’
According to Iqbal, as many as 440 references have been filed by NAB this year so far. He went on to add that all mega corruption cases would reach their logical conclusion soon. "Our performance speaks for itself," he remarked.
Commenting on the accountability court’s verdict on Monday, National Party chief Mir Hasil Bizinjo said the decision has not been made 'independently', but at the behest of the 'unseen forces'.
According to Bizinjo, the verdict was pre-planned and aimed at sidelining 60 to 70 politicians through NAB in the next two years.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ