Armeena Khan, Ayesha Omar share their sexual abuse ordeals

Published: April 22, 2018
PHOTO: FILE

PHOTO: FILE

In the wake of #MeToo rising in Pakistan and the entire debate of Meesha Shafi’s accusations on Ali Zafar, many women have come forth sharing how they felt harassed at the hands of sexual predators.

Armeena Khan of Janaan fame took to Twitter to share her story. She wrote, “I was in Lahore, in a burka and no one knew who I was, when I was groped.”

She added that the way a woman dresses has nothing to do with being a victim of sexual harassment as she was completely covered in the garment she wore when the incident occurred.

Another Pakistani actor, Ayesha Omar, who has been in the industry for a long time, also mentioned that she had faced harassment as well.

On a local TV channel, Ayesha said, “I, myself, have been a victim of sexual harassment from someone within the industry. I don’t have the strength to talk about it like Meesha, but I hope someday I will gather the courage to share my story.”

Have something to add to the story? Share in the comments below.

• Mirestan
    Apr 22, 2018 - 7:11PM

Finally, they remembered what great character?Recommend

• Mirestan
    Apr 22, 2018 - 7:12PM

Finally, they remembered what great character? This is the cheap stunt of free publicity.Recommend

• Waqar Afridi
    Apr 22, 2018 - 7:55PM

Israr khan great. I agree with you.Recommend

• Bunny Rabbit
    Apr 22, 2018 - 8:23PM

No its not common to be groped at in London . I have travelled even late nights by myself . it was done by some miscreants . Recommend

• Sara Khan
    Aug 30, 2018 - 1:14PM

Sexual harassment by anybody is disgusting. Uncivilized. Criminal. If Mr. Ali Zafar, very famous artist did it. He is equally guilty. Ladies and gents keep shaming these hateful creatures publicly till they learn lessons. Let these be lessons for would-be harasser.Recommend

• Sadaf Kamal
    Sep 5, 2018 - 3:10PM

Everyone has right to share their story. We should appreciate them because if a girl is making such a big statement there must be some truth to it and why would she do that when she knows her name is also in this.Recommend

More in Film