Lakhvi withdraws petition


Express May 27, 2010

ISLAMABAD:

Co accused in Mumbai attacks case Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi withdrew his plea for quashing of an FIR.


The FIR charged Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, the head of a banned organisation of master minding the Mumbai attacks. Zakiur Rehman had filed a petition in the Supreme Court for quashing the said FIR.


However, the court dismissed the petition, saying it was premature to give any verdict on this issue.


Moreover, the court observed that since Ajmal Kasab's statement had still not been presented in court so far, the FIR should not not be filed, since it would have no ground. The court said such a petition should only be filed once the statement is presented in court.

COMMENTS (2)

Sultan Ahmed | 10 years ago | Reply IN view of the order of the honorable apex court Mr.lakhvi through his defense counsel withdraw his petition. Indian ministers should refrain issuing such statement which goes against the honor of our apex court.
Sultan Ahmed | 10 years ago | Reply Ajmal Qasab has been in the custody of Indian police and they interrogated him a long time. The fact is that coercive method was employed against him and he confessed all had done or not committed so it should be not admissible in court of law who believe in justice. Indian investigators used the confessional statement as trap and now trying to tom frame the persons acting in the kashmir liberation. I am very sorry to say that,An Indian minister targeted of criticize our apex court decision,we respect our supreme court they should also respect.
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ