LAHORE: A local law firm on Thursday moved the Lahore High Court seeking directives for ministry of religious affairs to stop the Hajj policy 2018. Advocate Azhar Siddique moved the petition, submitting that the federal government was not complying with the court orders in which it was directed to ensure transparency and on merit distribution of quota among the Hajj tour operations.
He said Hajj was a sacred obligation but it was not being considered as sacred as it should be. He said that the new Hajj policy had been issued by the authority which was tantamount to contempt of court. He asked the court to make the new Hajj policy conditional with the Supreme Court’s verdict.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 12th, 2018.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ