Fire guts goods worth over Rs3.5m in Balakot

Published: October 11, 2017
Email

BALAKOT: A fire in a warehouse at Raza Bazaar in Balakot on Tuesday destroyed goods worth over Rs3.5 million. Fire tenders of town municipal authority of Balakot and Mansehra rushed to the spot and doused the flames. Timely action by the firemen prevented spread of fire to other shops of the market. The inferno was apparently caused by an electrical short circuit. However, offices of village councils of Bin Bigar, Jagan, and Punmbah Patlang were partially damaged by the flames.  Owner of the burnt warehouse, Mohammad Farooq, said he was a trader supplying goods to nearby villages. He had stored crockery and home appliances in the warehouse, Farooq said. According to police and fire department the estimated loss was around Rs3.5 million.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 11th, 2017.

Facebook Conversations

More in Pakistan