Some of the most exceptional talent comes from Pakistan: Karan Johar

Published: April 13, 2017
PHOTO: FILE

PHOTO: FILE

Ace Bollywood director Karan Johar, who was previously slammed by an Indian political party for casting Pakistani heartthrob Fawad Khan in his last directorial, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, recently expressed his desire to work with Fawad once again.

In a meet and greet session at the London School of Economics, Karan was asked if he would like to collaborate with Pakistani talent once again. To this, the Student of the Year director quipped, “You know what happened to me the last time, right?”

Twitter savagely shuts down Indian singer over Karan Johar, Fawad Khan potshot

He then gave his two cents on the matter. “I have to say that for me, I believe talent has no boundaries, but unfortunately I stand in the minority. Therefore, there are modalities, legalities and there is a circumstance that surrounds us that restricts our exceptionally progressive sports.”

He further added, “Sometimes I believe I wish that I wasn’t accountable, but I am a citizen of the country and follow the diktat that the environment suggests.”

However, when he talked about his experience of working with Fawad, Karan was all praises. “Having said that, I think some of the most exceptional talent comes from Pakistan. I had the honour and pleasure to actually direct Fawad Khan, have seen his exceptional work,” he said.

Karan Johar chooses Fawad Khan over Ranbir Kapoor!

On Fawad’s role in Siddharth and Alia Bhatt starrer, Kapoor & Sons, Karan said it was courageous. “I think it was immensely brave of him to do what he did in Kapoor & Sons. After six actors have said no to the part, I believe it was tremendously courageous of him to say yes,” he stated.

“I wish that our cinema and cinema in general would be exposed to such enormous talent like Fawad Khan,” he concluded.

Watch the video here:

Have something to add in the story? Share it in the comments below.

• Murtaza malik
    Apr 13, 2017 - 12:59PM

Karan we need more people like you. Respect from pakistanRecommend

• Hasan
    Apr 13, 2017 - 2:09PM

I would like Fawad Khan to denounce working with Indian media in future. That would make us very proud of him as a Pakistani.

Its time Pakistan adopted a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for Indian Propaganda by politicians, sportsmen and even artists.Recommend

• Giri
    Apr 13, 2017 - 7:44PM

Karan Johar does not speak for all Indians. He is fringe minority who no one takes seriously.He should instead work for the welfare of Gay community.Recommend

• shah
    Apr 13, 2017 - 8:39PM

i don’t know why the poor indians are not ready to get the sense of what Karan tried to express….every indian goes in his own jealousy and sick narrow mentality….fawad was and is more popular over here than he was there and indian film industry hired him to make money through his charm, acting skills and popularity among all masses…..praising fawad doesn’t mean that karan is degrading indian actors and karan always speaks for every neutral indian…..this is what some of the well known indian actors call as “increasing intolerance in india..!”Recommend

• Usman
    Apr 13, 2017 - 11:25PM

@Giri:
    Goes without saying. His views are completely opposite to the Hindu supremacist views internalized by the majority of Hindustan.Recommend

• Komal S
    Apr 14, 2017 - 7:27AM

@shah:
    Before you all get worked up, Karan is a very controversial figure. He was just exposed by a heroine that people like him keep the opportunities within the film fraternity and hardly ever try new comers outside fraternity. With that controversy going on. Him going and making statements about Pakistani actors In Bollywood, it will attract attention.Recommend

• bharat
    Apr 14, 2017 - 1:46PM

Karan Johar you are other producers who want free actors will never get them in India. So,the only option in our nieghbouring country. Tell me one actor in India who would work for free. I hope this comment is displayed.Recommend

• gp65
    Apr 17, 2017 - 11:18PM

@shah: HAs Fawad given a solo hit? No. His solo hero movie Khubsoorat barely made 30 crores in India. Even Kapoor and Sons where he was not the main hero did ot reach hundred crores. On the other hand Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Arju Kapoor, Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan have each given a solo hundred crore movie. Even Aditya Roy Khurana, Tiger Shroff and Sushant Singh Rajput have given bigger solo hits than Fawad.Recommend

More in Film