Short circuit causes fire in Multan’s Hussain Agahi Market

No casualty or serious injury was caused by the fire


Owais Qarni February 22, 2017
PHOTO: FILE

MULTAN: Some 50 shops located in Multan’s Hussain Agahi Bazar were gutted by fire on Wednesday as rescue services tried to douse the flames caused by a short circuit early morning.

At least three fire engines have been dispatched to the area to control the fire that has engulfed Southern Punjab's largest market.

No casualty or serious injury was caused by the fire since the market was closed when it started, spokesperson Rescue 1122 Abdul Jabbar said.

Fire breaks out in Karachi garment storage facility

The fire started from the electronic market and engulfed adjacent shops of Lunda Bazar where small sellers deal in old good and commodities.

Rescue 1122 officials are shifting the injured to the hospital.

Last year, 13,718 incidents of fire were reported in Punjab in which 72 people died and 891 received burn injuries. The damages to property and valuables have been estimated at Rs24,656 million in the province last year.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read