Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has claimed the perpetrator of Monday’s attack in Lahore has been identified, with the facilitator being arrested.
“We have made a major progress regarding identifying and arrest of terrorists involved in Lahore blast,” he told reporters in the Punjab capital on Friday.
Thirteen people were killed and 85 injured when a suicide blast shook Mall Road earlier this week.
Claiming the attack near Punjab Assembly was planned in Afghanistan, CM Shahbaz said one of the suspects belonged to Afghanistan while the other was from Bajaur Agency, one of the semi-autonomous tribal areas in the country’s North.
“I don’t have any doubt on terrorism center… which is operational from Afghanistan.”
Lauding the LEAs and intelligence agencies, Shahbaz said it was a huge success on part of the government to have successfully identified the suspects and prompt arrest of the bomber’s handler. “We are making all efforts to eliminate handlers, facilitators of terrorist activities in Punjab,” he said. “I congratulate CTD and other LEAs for a major breakthrough in identifying terrorists.”
Later, the chief minister shared a video footage of Lahore bomber’s handler, sharing the details about the plan of the attack. The video also showed other details of both the suspects.
In response to a question regarding the establishment of military courts, the chief minister said the military courts “must be established and continued”.