Fire outbreak: Gas explosion injures five at girls’ college

Leakage from a heater triggered a small explosion which partially destroyed a door


Our Correspondent January 04, 2017
PHOTO: EXPRESS

LAHORE: At least five people suffered minor injuries when a fire broke out on Wednesday in one of the rooms of the Technology College for Girls Jain Madir, Lahore.

According to an employee of the college, a fire erupted in one of the rooms of the college early on Wednesday. The worker said it was caused by a gas leak from a heater.

He said the leakage caused a small explosion, which partially destroyed the door and injured two students as well as three employees of the college.

Spokesperson for Rescue 1122 said that a fire was reported at the Technology College for Girls Jain Madir, Lahore at 7:54am. A rescue team responded to the call and took control of the situation.

The spokesperson said that the injured, Fatima and Ansa were shifted to a local hospital, while three others used their own vehicle to reach hospital. No serious injuries or damages were reported in the incident.

The injured were released from the hospital after receiving necessary medical treatment.

Rescue 1122 sources said that the cause of the fire could not be determined, but the incident was limited to a single room.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 5th, 2017.

Our Publications

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ