Despicable act: Teenage boy raped in Abbottabad

Accused were produced before the court, handed over to police on two-day physical remand

Our Correspondent April 27, 2016
Accused were produced before the court, handed over to police on two-day physical remand. PHOTO: FILE


A teenage boy was raped by two men in Abbottabad. The accused have been handed over to the police for two days.

A police official told The Express Tribune on Wednesday, the 14-year-old had gone to visit his friends in Nawanshehr. “He was on his way back home in a pickup after Maghrib prayer when the incident occurred,” the official said. “Saifur Rehman Bila, the driver of the vehicle, and his friend, Attique, took him to a cricket stadium and [allegedly] raped him.”

According to the official, both men fled the site. The teenager lost consciousness and was left at the stadium. When he came to, the 14-year-old called his parents.

“They took him to the police station and subsequently to Ayub Teaching Hospital Abbottabad,” he said. “The teenager is being treated at the facility.”

A case was registered in Nawanshehr police station against the accused. The accused were produced before the court of judicial magistrate.

They were handed over to the police for a two-day physical remand on Wednesday.

Without protection

At least two girls have been raped over the last three days in separate parts of Hazara Division.

The first case was registered at Havelian police station on April 23. The rape survivor recorded her statement before judicial magistrate Ishtiaq Ahmed.

She was a student of a seminary in Havelian. Since her native town was in Galiyat, she was living with other students. Over the last couple of months, Azhar and Hamza, brothers of seminary head Sabeeha Bibi, had her shifted to a separate room and forced themselves on her.

According to the girl, the accused threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the offence.

Later, the girl discovered she was pregnant. The seminary incharge took the girl to a private clinic where they paid Rs50,000 for an abortion.

The second case was reported from Chitta Andheera village in Mansehra where a teenage girl was gang raped on April 24.

The 19-year-old said she left the house at night between April 23 and April 24 to attend nature’s call when Amanullah, Israr and Rehmat Khan kidnapped her. The suspects took her to an undisclosed location where they repeatedly raped her.

On April 26, a rape survivor in Charsadda came forward and said the police were reluctant to file an FIR against her perpetrator. The girl was sexually abused and kidnapped for seven days.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 28th, 2016.


Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ