A 57-year-old lineman, of the Faisalabad Electric Supply Company, died on Saturday after receiving a fatal electric shock while on duty in Chak 568-GB, Hayatullah Abadi, in a Rodala Road police precinct. Police said on Sunday that he had accidently touched a live wire.
A police spokesperson told journalists on Sunday that Lahore Road subdivision lineman Aslam, a resident of Chak 570-GB, was working on a low-tension line in Chak 568-GB when he accidentally touched a live wire. Aslam died before he could be given medical assistance. Police said they had taken the body to a morgue for post-mortem examination and were looking into the incident.
All Pakistan Wapda Hydro Electric Workers Union Regional General Secretary Sarfraz Ahmad Hundal said Aslam, 57, was an assistant line man of the Lahore Road Subdivision branch of FESCO.
Hundal said it was shocking that the Lahore Road Subdivision SDO had sent an elderly man to work on dangerous wires.
Hundal said FESCO authorities must probe the incident and fix responsibility of negligence on the official responsible for this tragic incident.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 25th, 2016.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ