The ARY Film Awards '16 was eventful to say the least! The who's who of Pakistan's entertainment industry got together to celebrate all that they have achieved in the past year.
We've rounded up seven of the best moments from last night's event in Dubai:
1. Ahmed Ali Butt kept the audience entertained with his antics. The actor dressed himself in a long, flowy purple robe complete with a tiara and sang his own rendition of Taher Shah's Angel.
While he insisted that he was not Taher Shah, but his son - the baby angel in Taher Shah's music video, the similarity between Ahmed Ali Butt and the Angel hit-maker was uncanny:
AFA 16: Here’s what’s happening in Dubai right now!
2. Actor Fawad Khan bagged an award last night even though he hadn't featured in a Pakistani film last year. The Lollywood-turned-Bollywood heartthrob won the International Film Icon Award.
The host of the night Fahad Mustafa, said Fawad is the fourth Khan after superstars SRK, Salman and Aamir, but when Fawad stepped on stage for his thank you speech, he humbly said that SRK, Salman and Aamir are very big stars, and he still has a long way to go.
3. After being handed the Listener's Choice Award, Mahira Khan thanked Pakistan's film industry for providing a platform due to which "we are all making waves outside of our country."
4. Mathira and Faisal Qureshi wowed everyone with their killer performance on stage.
Fawad’s endearing joke about ‘bari star’ Mahira
5. Sohai Abro's upbeat performance to Fair and Lovely ka Jalwa was also the talk of the night.
6. Fawad Khan was practically mobbed when he arrived at the event. People couldn't help themselves when they saw the star, and flocked towards him with their phones in hand to take the ultimate selfie. It took a lot of convincing by ushers to get everyone back to their seats.
7. Ahmed Ali Butt caused waves of laughter when he decided to hand out humour awards to some lucky (or unlucky) stars.
Ahmed awarded Hamza Ali Abbasi the Qandeel Baloch award, claiming that he seeks attention on Facebook just like her. He awarded Urwa Hocane the 'Wannabe Arabi' award due to her very Arab sounding last name - Urwa Tul Wusqua Hocane and Humayun Saeed received the 'Wifetime achievement' award, because his wife Samina Saeed in known for keeping the actor on a tight leash.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ