Trial proceeds: Court rejects plea by blasphemy accused

Petitioner Adnan Prince told the court he had been wrongly accused of blasphemy


Our Correspondent February 20, 2016

LAHORE:


An additional district and sessions judge on Saturday dismissed an application of a man seeking acquittal from blasphemy charges.


Petitioner Adnan Prince told the court he had been wrongly accused of blasphemy. He said the petition against him was not maintainable as there were no witnesses to the alleged occurrence.


His counsel said Prince had also submitted an affidavit saying he respected the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him), Islam and the Holy Quran. He said his client held religious sentiments of Muslims in great regard.


Earlier, counsel for the complainant, had told the court that there was ample evidence against Prince to prove the charges.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 21st, 2016.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read