A small fire, caused by a short circuit, damaged at least three shops in a plaza in the Blue Area on Thursday.
Rescue officials said they were called by passersby after they spotted fire in the shops in Golden Plaza in the Blue Area, the city’s commercial hub. Police and Rescue teams reached the spot in minutes and extinguished the fire before it could spread, said a Rescue official.
The official added that the fire damaged the front of the shops and was put off before it could get to the woodwork and furniture inside. Police said the apparent cause of the fire was a short circuit in the wiring outside the shops.
“The matter is being investigated and the electricity lines are being inspected to avoid such incidents in future,” said a police official.
Published in The Express Tribune, May 18th, 2012.
More in PakistanNAB raises 22 objections on the LED project