ISLAMABAD: The Foreign office said on Saturday there were no reports of any Pakistani being injured or killed in the Paris attack.
“All Pakistanis residing in France are safe. No one is injured or dead,” said Foreign Office Spokesperson Qazi Khalilullah.
Paris shootings, explosions leave at least 128 dead
He also said that he had spoken to the Pakistani Envoy in Paris Ghalib Iqbal. The envoy has confirmed that all is fine there with Pakistani community, the spokesperson told The Express Tribune.
Meanwhile, a helpline has been established by the Pakistani mission in order “to seek or provide any information pertaining Pakistani citizens injured, deceased in the last night terrorist attack at Paris.”
No reports of any harm to any Pakistani in Paris blasts so far. Embassy has established Helpline:+33780858682, [email protected]— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) November 14, 2015
Earlier, President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the terrorist attacks in Paris and offer condolences to bereaved families, people & Government of France.
Islamic State militants on Saturday claimed a series of coordinated attacks by gunmen and suicide bombers in Paris that killed at least 128 people in scenes of carnage at a concert hall, restaurants and the national stadium.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ