Munch on cashews, berries and chocolate to counter ill-effects of an unhealthy lifestyle, says an expert.
Read: 7 ways to beat summer weight gain
1. Avocados: These fruits are loaded with nutrients including vitamin E, vitamin B and potassium. By controlling hunger and regulating sugar levels in the blood, avocado helps in reducing stress immensely.
2. Cashews: They are rich in zinc which plays a major role in tackling depression and anxiety.
3. Berries: Berries are a good source of vitamin C that is a great stress-buster in itself.
4. Chocolate: It imparts a feel-good-factor and reduces stress as well.
5. Green tea: It also helps in improving mental performance and activating the brain cells.
6. Banana: Bananas are rich in potassium that is a natural source of vital mineral, which helps to normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be re-balanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
Read: Body postures reveal love life
7. Walnuts: Having walnuts helps one to combat stress and stay calmer and happier even on a hectic day.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ