RAWALPINDI: Two more civilians were killed when Indian forces resorted to unprovoked firing along the Line of Control (LoC) on Thursday evening.
According to the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), two civilians, i.e. 13-year-old Laiba and 55-year-old Munshi Ahmed embraced martyrdom due to unprovoked Indian firing in Nakial sector.
Indian forces also violated ceasefire in Kotli sector, where exchange of fire continues, the statement said, adding Pakistani troops are responding befittingly to Indian fire.
Earlier on Wednesday, Ghulam Nabi, a resident of Alam village in Battal sector was injured during a ceasefire violation by India.
On Tuesday, a Pakistan Army soldier was also killed as India’s BSF resorted to unprovoked firing along the LoC in Battal Sector.
The exchange of fire along the LoC continues despite an agreement between senior military officials from Pakistan and India to restore ceasefire along the working boundary.
A military official said Pakistan was expecting India to adhere to the ceasefire along the LoC as well but unfortunately Indian troops were showing no letup in their aggressive posture.