Multan Solid Waste Management Company Chairman Rai Mansab Ali told newsmen on Saturday that throwing garbage in front of commercial and residential buildings had been banned in the district. He said those caught violating the ban would be fined.
He said Section 144 had been imposed as part of Operation Combing, launched by the chief minister for cleanliness in Multan. He said funds had been allocated for MWMC for purchase of machinery.
Managing Director Ahmed Shehryar said the MWMC had inked a contract with a private cement factory to dispose of waste in the district.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 5th, 2015.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ