Short circuit: Prince Burhanuddin’s palace burns down (Peshawar city)

The fire was caused by a short circuit


Our Correspondent July 01, 2015
The fire was caused by a short circuit. Despite the efforts of locals to subdue the inferno, flames engulfed the entire house in no time. STOCK IMAGE

CHITRAL:


Prince Burhanuddin’s historic palace was reduced to ashes when fire broke out in the house in Dolomach area Monday night. Situated some eight kilometres from Chitral, the house, locally known as a palace, was constructed by Burhan who was the son of Chitral’s ruler Shujaul Mulk. Colonel (retd) Muhammad Sharif, Burhan’s grandson, was the current occupant of the palace. He was in Abbottabad at the time of the incident.


The fire was caused by a short circuit. Despite the efforts of locals to subdue the inferno, flames engulfed the entire house in no time. A fire brigade could also not reach the palace due to the area’s topography. One of the servants of the house said, “Historic relics worth millions of rupees were gutted in the fire.”


Published in The Express Tribune, July 1st, 2015.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS (1)

Stranger | 5 years ago | Reply Awww "worth millions of rupees " its not even a drop in this mighty ocean.
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ