Family of seven burn in Rawalpindi house fire

Fire took away husband and wife along with five children


Web Desk June 17, 2015
STOCK IMAGE

RAWALPINDI: A family of seven burned to death Wednesday when a fire broke out in their home due to a short circuit, in Rawalpindi's Chaklala Scheme-III, Express News reported.  

According to Radio Pakistan fire erupted in the double-storey house while Shaukat Cheema, 35 and his wife Aisha, 32 were asleep in the house with their five young children.


AN EXPRESS NEWS SCREENGRAB


Excessive suffocation subsequently lead to the death of all seven family members. The eldest of the children, Hasan, was 14, while Fatima being the youngest was four years old.


AN EXPRESS NEWS SCREENGRAB


Read: Tragic incidents: Fire engulfs house, kills four members of family

Rescue teams and the Airport police arrived at the scene and immediately shifted the family to District Headquarters Hospital.


AN EXPRESS NEWS SCREENGRAB


All members of the family were pronounced dead at the hospital.

COMMENTS (3)

Disgusting | 7 years ago | Reply @Nadeem Ahmed Hashmi: Go and see some mental doctor you idiot.
Humza | 7 years ago | Reply Such a tragic news. Whatever the likely reason for this (short-circuiting probably), please check all the electrical and gas connections and their quality wherever you reside.
VIEW MORE COMMENTS
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Most Read