10-year-old British Asian boy gets highest Mensa score of 162

Published: June 7, 2015
PHOTO COURTESY: NDTV

PHOTO COURTESY: NDTV

UK: A 10-year-old boy, Aahil Jouher, has attained the highest possible score of 162 in a Mensa IQ test, becoming one of the youngest people to achieve such a feat.

The score puts him in the ‘1%’ who got that score.

Aahil Jouher, a kid from Blackburn, loves to read and wants to be a scientist when he grows up.His favorite subjects are math and science, and he loves to invent things in his free time, reports the Telegraph.

“I like inventing things, most of the time they go wrong. I’m building a small computer at the moment; let’s just say it’s a work in progress.”

Read:Child prodigy: 11-year-old Indian-American graduates from US college

After taking the test, he felt he could have done better. “I could have done better”. “I was really quite surprised. I thought I was just like every other ordinary kid,” he said after he got to know his score.

Dr Jouher Kallingal, Aahil’s father said that he wasn’t expecting him to do so well because after the test he said it he could have done better. “We decided to send him for the test when he was 10-and-a-half. When we got the results I rang Mensa to ask what it meant and they explained he had got the top score of 162.”

Read:In memoriam: Road named after Arfa Karim

“We had not wanted him to worry so we only told him about it the day before so he wasn’t under any pressure. I told him where to look at some practice papers, but I doubt very much he looked at them.

“When we found out the score, we just think it is absolutely wonderful.”

This article originally appeared on NDTV

• James
    Jun 7, 2015 - 6:40PM

Is he British-Asian or British-Indian……?Recommend

• Afzal
    Jun 7, 2015 - 10:26PM

@Aahil :

HOORAY ! Well done Aahir. May you live long and one day invent something that would make humanity proud.

@James
    You leave no chance to take credit so deeply rooted is your inferiority. Does he not sound like a Muslim belonging to a community considered and treated second class in your country? Shame on your Indianness.Recommend

• Muhammadosamaghazi
    Jun 7, 2015 - 10:53PM

Only a muslim could have done this,proud :|Recommend

• ahmed wani
    Jun 7, 2015 - 11:06PM

Please dont equate us indians as south asians with other countries…..we face a lot of humiliations due to crime done by one country people here in UK…please..its a request…Recommend

• Alex
    Jun 8, 2015 - 1:17AM

His Righteous and most superior little Lordship. I bow to him. ..No actually, I lie prostrate at his feet. :-D ♥;-) :O Recommend

• Ch. Allah Daad
    Jun 8, 2015 - 3:52AM

@James: Last time I saw world map, India was also in Asia. I know that in West, Asians mean Chinese and people of other far eastern countries but we also know they have very limited knowledge about geography. Recommend

• Azeez
    Jun 8, 2015 - 7:22AM

Aahil jouhar’s parents are from Kerala,IndiaRecommend

• Aman
    Sep 7, 2015 - 11:21PM

He’s from my home state of Kerala :). kallingal is a well known name hereRecommend

More in World