QUETTA: At least three people were killed while 13 others, including four police personnel were wounded in a remote-controlled bomb blast possibly aimed at the convoy of President Mamnoon Hussain’s son in Hub, the industrial town of Balochistan, on Sunday evening.
“The convoys of the President’s son Salman Mamnoon and DPO Lasbela Bashir Brohi were passing by the area when a huge explosion occurred,” ASP Investigation Hub Jam Mandokhel told The Express Tribune. “An ASI of the Karachi police and three other policemen on duty to guard the Salman sustained injuries,” he said.
However, the investigation is underway, added Mandokhel.
The bomb was planted in a motorcycle parked beside the road near Jumma Hotel in Bab-e-Balochistan Hub, and was detonated through a remote control, said ASP Investigation.
While a few of the injured were shifted to the Jam Ghulam Qadir Hospital, others were moved the Civil Hospital Karachi.
The bomb disposal squad team did not reach the area till the filing of this report.
Names of injured brought to Civil Hospital:
1. Police Constable M Ismail s/o Wali, age 25
2. Police Constable Fida, age 35
3. ASI A Kareem s/o A Raheem, age 45
4. Police Constable Shamsher s/o Hashim, age 45
5. Police Constable Bilal s/o M Hashim, age 25
6. Faraz Ali s/o M Shareef, age 25
7. A Razaq s/o Wali, age 35
8. Piral s/o unknown, age 55
9. M Usman s/o unknown, age45
10. Abdul Haq s/o Ghulam, age 35
11. Sardar Khan s/o Haji Malok, age 25
12. Haji Wazeer s/o Haji Malok, age 45
13. Allah Dino s/o Ali Hassan, age 45
14. Rasool Bux s/o Arz, age 45
15. Ubaidullah s/o Nor, age 25
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ