As news of supermodel Ayyan’s arrest from Islamabad airport for smuggling $500,000 makes rounds, we have compiled a list of 8 things you need to know about her.
1) Despite being widely called Ayyan Ali by the media, the supermodel never agrees to Ali as a surname.
2) Ayyan has modeled for prominent brands, including Magnum, Bareeze, Gul Ahmed, Ufone, Sunsilk and Sania Maskatiya lawn. The supermodel also donned a scarf for the Sunsilk hijab campaign.
3) She is one of the highest-paid models of the fashion industry in Pakistan.
4) The supermodel debuted in the fashion world in 2010 and was present in the fashion world till February 2014.
5) Initially, a Lahore-based model, she moved to Karachi subsequently.
6) Ayyan has never won a Lux Style award, despite being nominated four times
7) Ayyan recently moved to Europe, where she is working a new career in music. She ventured into singing in 2014 with her song ‘You and I.’
8) At one time, fashion designer Deepak Perwani was considered her close friend.