A protest march against the arrival of outsiders in Sindh will be held in Karachi on September 22, announced the Sindh Bachayo Committee (SBC) on Tuesday.
The announcement was made at Haider Manzil by the convener of the committee, Syed Jalal Mehmood Shah, after he and other national party leaders held a meeting of the SBC. "It is a conspiracy against Sindh and we won't allow anyone to sabotage the rights of the indigenous people," said Shah during the press conference.
He said that the protest is being carried out against all anti-Sindh issues, including Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Zulfikarabad and Thar Coal Project. He said that the committee has decided to continue its struggle against these issues continuously till all its targets are achieved.
The convener claimed that the arrival of the IDPs has stopped in Sindh after the protests of the SBC were launched across the province last month, adding that the law enforcement agencies have now taken notice of the severity of the issue.
The SBC will launch a 'rabita' campaign across the province before the protest in order to enable thousands of people to come to the city for the demonstration. Shah said that the struggle against religious extremism and anti-Sindh issues will continue peacefully.
Dr Niaz Kalani of Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz, Riaz Chandio of Jeay Sindh Mahaz, Karam Wasan of Awami Jamhori Party and others attended the meeting.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 6th, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ