FAISALABAD: Two men died from suffocation and another fainted while working in a well on Wednesday. Bahlak police said the men had climbed down a well to repair an electric motor in Chak 437-GB Lasharian. SHO Naseer Ahmad Naul said, “Bashir, Fayyaz and Akbar went into the well, where Fayyaz tried to clean the clogged pipe using an acid.” “Both Fayyaz and Bashir died on the spot after inhaling the toxic vapours, while Akbar fell unconscious,” he said. The SHO said the villagers brought out the bodies and Akbar. He said Akbar was taken to the Tandlianwala tehsil headquarters hospital and later to the Allied Hospital when his condition became critical.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 1st, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ