ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for State and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) Lt Gen Abdul Qadir Baloch said on Monday that they had so far registered one million people displaced as a result of the Zarb-e-Azb operation in North Waziristan and that they were working to incorporate help from UN agencies and NGOs in relief efforts.
Chairing a meeting of International NGOs and UN relief agencies at the Ministry of SAFRON in Islamabad, the minister briefed that so far 30,000 IDP families have been transferred cash and 16,000 families have received cash through SIMs.
He further briefed the participants about the current situation of IDPs and the relief provided to them.
Various measures taken for the rehabilitation of IDPs and reconstruction of infrastructure in the affected areas was also discussed in the meeting.
The ministry of SAFRON said it would extend its full cooperation to issue NOCs to international relief NGOs to help relief efforts.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ