FAISALABAD: Two people were electrocuted and another was injured on Thursday after a high-voltage wire fell on them on Sargodha Road. The 11KV electrical wire, passing through Chak 119 JB, Samana, broke and fell on two fruit vendors – Adnan Ramazan, 16, and Muhammad Qasim, 15 – and a customer, Naeem Islam, 14. They were taken to Allied Hospital where Ramazan and Qasim passed away and Islam was in critical condition. Scores of residents of Sargodha Road later staged a protest demonstration against the Faisalabad Electric Supply Company, accusing the company of not repairing and maintaining the high-tension line.
Published in The Express Tribune, July 4th, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ