• Before purchasing the chicken, have the butcher put deep diagonal gashes on it to allow for the marinade to seep in. You may cook the chicken with skin for a crispier finish.
• Mix together all the ingredients (except garlic and butter) to make the marinade.
• Cover the chicken in the marinade, wrap in a large plastic bag and refridgerate for about five to six hours.
• Retrieve the chicken and transfer onto a baking dish.
• Cut a lemon into thin slices and place them in the gashes on the chicken. Place the garlic and butter in the cavity. You may also add vegetables of your choice to the baking tray, such as potatoes and carrots.
• Bake the chicken at 250oC for about an hour or until its surface becomes a brown colour, leaving it uncovered in the oven.
• Take the roast out of the oven and cover it with foil until serving. Your lemony chicken is now ready!
Saima Absar does her best to be a good wife, mother, community manager and citizen. She enjoys reading and holds a degree in media management. Follow her on www.pinterest.com/saimaabsar
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, May 25th, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ