TODAY’S PAPER | February 19, 2026 | EPAPER

Recovery: FESCO launches anti-theft drive

Fesco Chief Executive Officer Khurshid Alam says 10,400 power theft cases involving Rs222 million registered.


Our Correspondent April 03, 2014 1 min read

FAISALABAD: The Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (Fesco) has launched an anti-electricity theft campaign. All cases will now be registered under the new power theft law, Fesco Chief Executive Officer Khurshid Alam said on Wednesday. Speaking at a press conference, he said 10,400 power theft cases involving Rs222 million had been registered till February 2014. Alam said 17,802 cases had been registered for tampering with electricity metres. “As much as Rs410 losses million have been detected… around 80 per cent of this amount has been recovered.” The Fesco CEO said 4,504 cases had been referred for registration of FIRs. “As many as 2,430 cases have already been registered.” He said the media should help Fesco raising awareness about electricity theft. In reply to a question, he said two orders for purchase of metres had been issued. “We are expecting receipt of first consignment in 45 days… the transformers are also available in sufficient numbers.” Alam said the transformer reclamation workshop had also been reactivated to repair damaged transformers. He said strict action would be taken against officials found overbilling. He said the board of directors had allowed bifurcation of seven feeders. He said the FESCO had submitted a review petition requesting to enhance quota for efficient DISCOs with minimum load shedding and maximum recoveries.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 3rd, 2014.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ