Delays in trial: MNA warns of going on hunger strike
Shahjehan and Buledi are standing trial in the ATC-III for the murder of Civil Lines SHO Fawad Khan.
KARACHI:
An anti-terrorism court (ATC) ordered on Wednesday to conduct trial of two cases, pertaining to murder, attempt to murder, police encounter and possession of explosives, involving MNA Shahjehan Baloch inside the jail with Ameen Buledi. During the hearing, Shahjehan said that the cases had been adjourned several times due to absence of witnesses or other reasons for the last 22 months. Outside the court, Shahjehan told media that he would go on a hunger strike till death in jail against the delays in the hearings. Shahjehan and Buledi are standing trial in the ATC-III for the murder of Civil Lines SHO Fawad Khan and head constable Altaf Hussain during an operation against gangsters in April 2012 in Lyari.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 9th, 2014.
COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ