Missing persons: Defence Ministry gets till 9th to file reply

The chief justice directed the petitioner’s counsel to include the Intelligence Bureau in the list of respondents.

Our Correspondent October 03, 2013
Petitioner said that her husband had gone missing three months ago, while her son disappeared soon after she approached the court to help find Major (r) Tariq. DESIGN: SIDRAH MOIZ KHAN

LAHORE:


The chief justice of the Lahore High Court has given the Ministry of Defence an extra week to respond to a petition for the recovery of a retired major and his son.


Appearing before the court on Thursday, Deputy Attorney General Amjad Hussain Malik asked for the ministry to be allowed two weeks to reply, but the chief justice told him to make sure the response is submitted by October 9.

The chief justice also directed the petitioner’s counsel to include the Intelligence Bureau in the list of respondents, after the court was told that all security agencies except the IB had been asked if they knew where the missing major and his son were.

The petition was filed by Naeema Tariq, wife of Major (retired) Mujahid Azeem Tariq and mother of Ali Tariq.

She said that her husband had gone missing three months ago, while her son disappeared soon after she approached the court to help find Major (r) Tariq.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 4th, 2013.

Facebook Conversations

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Load Next Story