LONDON: Have you found yourself mulling over which jewellery to buy - gold or silver? Or over when to wear which piece? It's time you stop making jewellery selection a daunting task.
Here are some suggestions on how to overcome confusion over jewellery, reports femalefirst.co.uk:
* When am I going to wear it? You don’t have to wait for festivals or special occasion to wear fine jewellery. You can team it up with jeans and a plain white t-shirt too to give a contrast look.
* Should I choose yellow gold or white metal? If we go by theory, gold complements women with warm skin tone and white metal suits cooler skin tones. But in reality, most skin tones can carry off both metals on wear according to your taste and clothes. There are certain coloured stones that go well with yellow gold and others sit better with white, so just select accordingly.
* I have to stick to gold or silver: Mixing metals can look great- white, yellow and rose gold are often combined in fine jewellery designs.
* Real jewellery and costume shouldn’t be worn together: Popular French fashion designer Coco Chanel has mixed and matched the two, so can we!
* Diamonds for day are vulgar: That is certainly a myth as they can be worn anytime.