New proposal given on Mumbai attack follow-up

Malik proposes to send a commission to India to depose from the magistrate who recorded the statement of Ajmal Kasab.


Express October 07, 2010

Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Wednesday phoned his Indian counterpart P Chidambram and discussed with him Islamabad’s proposal to send a commission to India for key officials to the Mumbai attacks case to depose before it, Times of India reported.

Malik informed Chidambram that Rawalpindi special court hearing the Mumbai attacks’ case has desired that, subject to the consent of Indian authorities, the commission may visit India to have deposition from the magistrate who recorded the statement of Ajmal Kasab, the investigating officer and post mortem report.

Chidambaram promised to look into it and respond soon.
The interior ministry had already sent the request through ministry of foreign affairs.
Both leaders showed satisfaction on the present cooperation between Pakistan and India to assist each other in issues of mutual concern.
It was also agreed that the last dossier received from India on some issues is under examination and shall be responded to in due course of time, the report said.

Malik congratulated Chidambaram on holding of Commonwealth Games.

He assured him of Pakistan’s commitment to assist India in safeguarding the security of the Commonwealth Games and told him that any real time intelligence shared will be taken seriously and acted upon.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 7th, 2010.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read