Six shops destroyed

Fire started due to a spark in an electricity transformer in front of the shop.


Our Correspondent July 22, 2013
The shops were closed when the fire started and soon spread to adjacent shops. PHOTO: FILE

KAMOKE:


Six shops at the main Kamoke Bazaar were destroyed in a fire on Sunday in a fire that started due to a spark in an electricity transformer in front of one of the shops. Four other shops were also damaged in the blaze.


Rescue officials said the fire soon spread to adjacent shops. Grocery items worth hundreds of thousands of rupees were burned. The shops were closed when then fire started. Some one in the market informed the owners, who rushed to the scene.

Allah Rakha, one of the owners of the burned shops, said when he arrived at the scene, people were trying to put out the fire by brining buckets of water from the nearby houses. Professional help, he said, arrived late. No one was injured.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 22nd, 2013.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ