All Booked Up: No quota cut for govt scheme pilgrims

86,021 successful applicants would go to perform Hajj this year.


APP July 17, 2013

ISLAMABAD: The 20% Hajj quota cut has not been imposed on government scheme pilgrims and all 86,021 successful applicants would go to perform Hajj this year, said an official of Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony on Monday. Talking to APP, the official said that the cut in government scheme pilgrims would have inflicted huge losses to the government as 125 buildings, with the capacity to accommodate 87,882 Hujjaj, had already been hired. The total rent of the buildings is SR250.363 million.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 16th, 2013. 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read