Beat the heat with this invigorating and easy-to-make mango drink before the kairi season ends!
Green mangos 1 kg
Pulp of ripe yellow mango 1
Sugar 2 kg
Yellow food colour 1 pinch
Water 4 litres
• In a large pot, add 4 litres of water.
• Peel the green mangoes, place them in the water and boil until the mangoes become soft.
• Allow the mixture to cool down and retrieve the mangoes.
• Mash the mangoes into pulp and take the seeds out.
• Blend the pulp with the leftover water in a blender.
• Add yellow mango pulp for taste.
• Place the mixture in another pot and add sugar.
• Allow the mixture to cook but not more than 15 minutes.
• Add the yellow food colour.
• Let the liquid cool and store it in a clean glass bottle.
• To serve, take 2-3 tbsp of squash mixture and mix it with cold water. Your mango squash is now ready!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 20
Madiha Hamid is a digital media professional. She loves the food traditions unique to families. She is running a food blog for Pakistani and regional cuisines called cheflingtales.com
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, June 30th, 2013.
Like MsT on Facebook, follow @TribmagMsT on Twitter for your dose of girl talk.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ