Deep fried or charcoal-broiled, chicken wings are always a crowd pleaser.
They are easy to make and the lip-smacking sauce makes them even yummier. Make your next movie or game night a success by serving this flavourful finger food.
For the wings:
Chicken wings (with skin) 24 pieces
Vinegar 1 tbsp
All spice 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Flour to dust 1½ cup
For the sauce:
Honey BBQ Sauce 1½ cup
Oil 1 tsp
Ground coriander 1 tsp
Ground red chilies 1 tsp
Oil for shallow frying ½ cup
Green onions chopped 1 stalk
• Marinate the chicken wings in vinegar, garam masala and salt for 30 minutes.
• Dust the marinated wings with flour and keep aside for 15 minutes.
• Heat oil and fry the wings until golden brown on both sides.
• Drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
• In a separate pan heat oil on low flame.
• Pour the honey BBQ sauce in the pan.
• Add ground coriander and chilies and let it simmer for a minute.
• Add the fried wings to the pan and heat.
• Sprinkle some chopped green onions to bring colour to the dish.
• Serve hot.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Shafia Agha works as a PR consultant and runs a food blog: gobblemywords.wordpress.com. She loves trying out new recipes. Follow her on facebook.com/GobbleMyWords and @shafiaagha
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, February 24th, 2013.
Like MsT on Facebook for your dose of girl talk.