QUETTA: Burial ceremonies of the Quetta bombing victims was completed on Wednesday amidst aerial firing and ongoing protests that continued at the Hazara town graveyard throughout the day.
Earlier in the day, miscreants hurled stones on passing cars which broke the windshield of a vehicle belonging to the Deputy Commissioner of Quetta and injured one of the Levis security staff. Additional Frontier Corps (FC) personnel and police were called in.
The protesters also blocked the Western Bypass and opened aerial firing in order to block the burials.
Meanwhile Abdul Qayyum Changezi, a leader of the Quetta United Council (QUC) said that those creating trouble for the burials were “irrelevant” people and were not related to the victims of the bombing.
Members of Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen (MWM) were not permitted to go inside Imam Bargah Bin Jaffer due to a targeted operation going on in the area. In protest a few youngsters locked the entrance to the Imam Bargah.
After the chaos settled down, participants of the protest and relatives of the victims once again entered into discussions and decided to carry forward the burial. The authorities then brought the dead bodies to the Hazara Town graveyard.
Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Quetta Zubair Mehmood said, “Few people got emotional during the process but everything is under control now.”
He also said that an FIR will be launched against the miscreants.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ