KARACHI: The mass burial of the remaining unidentified bodies of the Baldia factory fire has been delayed, a spokesperson for the Edhi Foundation Anwar Kazmi told The Express Tribune. Last week, the provincial health minister, Dr Sagheer Ahmed, had announced that the remaining 17 unidentified bodies of the Baldia fire would be buried on Sunday. However, the officials failed to make any arrangements for the funeral which led to the delay. “The authorities didn’t get back to me and the burial has been delayed,” he said. “I’m waiting for the clearance.” More than 250 people had died in the Baldia inferno out of which 17 unidentified bodies had been lying at the Edhi morgue since last September.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 11th, 2013.