ECP rules: Over 250 hospital job applicants sent away without interviews
Were not informed of interview deferrals; Polyclinic says it is not possible to inform everyone.

The hospital administration announced the posts — grades 6 through 12 — about three months back after getting formal approval from the prime minister. PHOTO: FILE
Over 250 candidates who came to interview for 129 vacant posts at Polyclinic Hospital on Wednesday were sent away due to a ban on new appointments.
The cancellation of the interviews came as a shock for many who had travelled for hours and borne hefty travel expenses.
Candidates, wishing not to be named, expressed annoyance over the irresponsible attitude of the hospital administration, claiming nobody informed them about the change.
“After travelling for 18 hours I reached Islamabad last night. When I reached the hospital, I was asked to go back and told that there were no interviews today,” said one of the candidates.
He said the irresponsible attitude of the hospital administration is annoying and they should have informed all candidates about the cancellation of interviews.
Another candidate said, “I borrowed money to come here. And now they want me to come back again when the ban is lifted.”
Polyclinic Hospital Spokesman Dr Sharif Astori said the hospital is facing an acute shortage of technicians.
The hospital administration announced the posts — grades 6 through 12 — about three months back after getting formal approval from the prime minister.
“It is surprising for us that the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) is not letting us appoint new staff. We are discussing this with the ECP and trying to convince them that the posts were announced after getting a formal approval from the PM,” he said.
Responding to a question, he said it was not possible for them to inform all the candidates about the cancellation of the interviews in time, which caused the entire confusion.
Last week, 200 candidates for various posts went through a similar ordeal at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, despite the fact that the administration had also gotten formal approval for new hiring from the PM.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 31st, 2013.


















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ