1. To instill the importance of hygiene, have your child wash all the fruits and vegetables. Once they’re done washing, let them count the number of fruits and vegetables.
2. Give your child a wire whisk and let them mix batter like a pro. There’s nothing kids like more than mixing stuff together and it always helps with their hand-eye coordination.
3. Measuring cups are a fun way to teach children about quantities. Ask your child to fill up the cups with dried pulses, beans or water up to a certain level.
4. If you’re baking cake or cookies, your child can be your taste buddy who tests all the batter, sprinklings and icing for you so your baked goods taste just right!
5. Give your child an icing cone and allow him or her to decorate the cupcakes any way they like.
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, January 20th, 2013.
Like MsT on Facebook for your dose of girl talk.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ