‘Accident’: 1 dies after swallowing rat poison

According to police the students saw the rat poison tablets on the floor, thought they were candies and swallowed them


Our Correspondent December 02, 2012

KHANEWAL:


A ten-year-old girl died on Saturday and four others were in a critical condition after they ate rat poison tablets, thinking they were candies. According to Nanak Pur police, the four madrassa students saw the rat poison tablets on the floor, thought they were candies and swallowed them. Soon after, they started throwing up.

They were taken to a hospital where Gulshan Bibi, 10, died. Her sister Gulnaz, 8, and friends Saifullah and Saeed are said to be in a critical condition.


The madrassa’s qari Mohammad Jameel termed it “an accident”. The parents of the children told police they did not hold anyone responsible for the incident.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 3rd, 2012.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read