Quaidabad seminary killing case: Malir court acquits FC men charged with killing student

Victim’s family reached a compromise with the accused.

Rizwan Shehzad July 31, 2012

KARACHI: The district and sessions court Malir acquitted three Frontier Constabulary (FC) men on Tuesday who had been charged with killing a seminary student and injuring several others near a madrassa in Quaidabad on March 2.

The release followed a compromise between the victim’s family and the accused men, Muhammad Khursheed, Muhammad Liaquat and Muhammad Faraz. However, the court said that the family did not ask for any compensation and withdrew voluntarily.

“By this order I would like to dispose off the application filed by the complainant, injured, legal heirs and accused persons on July 9, 2012, wherein it has been stated that the accused may be acquitted by the way of compromise,” said Additional District and Sessions Judge Iqbal Ahmed Khawaja, as he read the order out loud.

“The accused are remanded to judicial custody with direction to be released forthwith, if they were no more required in any other custody case.”

According to the family’s lawyer, Shamsul Hadi, the legal heirs of Muhammad Rahman, the victim, have excused and pardoned the FC men in the name of Almighty Allah because of the intervention of elders without claiming any compensation, Qisas, Arsh and Diyat.

According to the FIR, a disputed erupted over blocking a road because of construction work outside Jamia Darul Quran in Muslimabad Colony.

Hadi said a fight broke out after FC personnal, Muhammad Khurshid, asked the seminary administration remove a concrete-mixing machine which was parked on the road.

The administration tried to explain that it could not be removed because of the construction work and the argument turned to a brawl. The situation intensified when Khursheed called for backup and an FC mobile reached the site. The men opened fire without gauging the situation and Muhammad who had just come out of the seminary was shot and died on the spot.

Muhammad, 27, hailed from Hazara, and had completed an eight-year-long Dars-e-Nizami course. He was killed a day before his graduation.

Besides him, four others, Shaukat, Ali Zaman, Sher Jan and Zarwali Khan, were injured in the firing.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 1st, 2012.


Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ