Lizard In Food: Eight faint from ‘poisonous’ food

Police say they found a dead lizard in the food.


Our Correspondent March 25, 2012

FAISALABAD: Eight members of a family fainted after eating poisonous food in Sadar Samundri area on Saturday. They were taken to district hospital, where doctors treating them said that they were all now out danger. Police said that Amna and Mushtaq had invited some guests over to their house for dinner. They said after eating the food, they all started vomiting. Mushtaq called the Rescue 1122, who found the eight people fainted when they reached the house. They were taken to the hospital. Police said they found a dead lizard in the food. Samples from the food were sent for laboratory test, they added. Those who fainted were identified as Amna, Mushtaq, Hifza, Akram, Mubashir, Tanzeela, Muddassir and Abdul Wahid.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 25th, 2012.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read