JHANG/RAHIM YAR KHAN: Four people, including two children, suffered severe burns in separate accidents in Jhang and Rahim Yar Khan on Thursday night and Friday. Iqra Hasnain, 14, and her brother Ali Hasnain, 12, were injured in a liquefied gas cylinder accident at a funfair held at Government College for Women Jhang on Friday. The children were taken to the district headquarters (DHQ) hospital where doctors described Ali’s condition as critical. Iqra and Ali were standing near their uncle Muhammad Kashif’s food stall when the LPG cylinder exploded following a gas leak. In another incident in Rahim Yar Khan, Mohan Lal and his wife Sarwari Mai suffered burn injuries at their house on Thursday night. They were taken to Sheikh Zayed Hospital where doctors described their condition as critical. They said Lal and Mai had burn injuries on 70 to 75 per cent of their bodies. Fire fighters said they had gone to sleep without putting out the fire in their room.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 18th, 2012.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ