HARIPUR: A woman was killed and two others were injured in a gas explosion in Talokar village on Wednesday. According to the police and eyewitnesses, Shakeel, a plumber, was trying to restore gas supply at former union councilor Mehboob Sultan’s house. He asked Sultan’s Ajaib Bibi wife to turn on the heater for inspection, when suddenly an explosion took place due to gas leakage, injuring Bibi, her son Mehmood and Shakeel seriously. They were taken to the hospital, where Ajaib was pronounced dead. Shakeel was later shifted to Ayub Medical Complex Abbottabad.
Published in The Express Tribune, December 29th, 2011.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ