Toxic Smoke: Woman, 3 children die of suffocation

The bodies were discovered when Ramzan visited the house in Barma Town, in the suburbs of Islamabad.


Express December 28, 2011

ISLAMABAD: As the burning wood turned into ash, so did the lives of 40-year-old Ameer Bibi and her three children. However Bibi’s eldest son, nine-year-old Haseeb, survived. Police said Aisha, 5, Muneeb, 4, Junaid, 3, and their mother Bibi died of toxic smoke inhalation. Manzoor, their father, was in his native town of Lodhran, Multan, to take part in a family function. A labourer, Manzoor recently moved to Islamabad in search of better job opportunities, neighbours said. The bodies were discovered when Ramzan visited the house rented house in Barma Town, in the suburbs of Islamabad. Shehzad Town Police shifted all four bodies to Polyclinic hospital. An autopsy was not performed on the request of the family, police said. The bodies were handed over to Ramzan, Manzoor’s brother, they added.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 28th, 2011.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read