US keeping in touch with Pakistan following NATO attack outrage

US offici­al says civil and military officials are in touch with their Pakistani counterparts.


Huma Imtiaz November 26, 2011

WASHINGTON: US officials have been working their official diplomatic channels to placate Pakistan’s outrage over an overnight NATO attack which killed 24 Pakistani soldiers manning a border checkpost.

Speaking to The Express Tribune, Caitlin Hayden, a spokesperson for the White House said, "Senior US civilian and military officials have been in touch with their Pakistani counterparts from Islamabad, Kabul and Washington to express our condolences.”

She stressed that both countries remained committed to fighting terrorism, “our desire to work together to determine what took place, and our commitment to the US-Pakistan partnership which advances our shared interests, including fighting terrorism in the region."

NATO and US officials had earlier said that they would conduct a thorough inquiry into the matter.

 

COMMENTS (28)

Naeem Javid Muhammad Hassani | 9 years ago | Reply

We, the people of Pakistan, are sick of US conspiracies. It is time for Islamabad to make a concise statement regarding the attack. Base at Washuk, Balochistan is now with Pakistan and no any US official is there. Same steps would be taken so that Washington realizes that this time they are facing REAL ISLAMIC SUPER POWER - Pakistan.

Mohammad Ali Siddiqui | 9 years ago | Reply

We don’t want any more “US touch”.

VIEW MORE COMMENTS
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read